View from the Porch

View from the Porch

Monday, October 01, 2012

Out with the old ...

Amazing!


One guy did this.  The neighbors we're blown away.  One guy split the house, put it up on the wheels, taped it up, and the only moving tool he had was a jack.  It's ready to go. With a little luck,  tomorrow.

Jesus (Park Maintenance supervisor) and his crew did an amazing job; they got all the shrubs out over the weekend.  They'll get the concrete later this week.



Those damn pine trees...

I'm still having issues with the trees, or at least one of them and I'm going to make my case to the park, hopeful for a resolution in my favor.  The tree on the right (the south tree) is well-shaped, and the root  ball is manageable; it either grew that way, or was properly pruned over the years.  The pine on the left (the north tree) I'm guessing was a volunteer.  It's rangy, and the root ball is huge.


North Tree

I measured the north tree's root ball today, and it's even bigger than I thought.  Using the park's own drawing, and the measurements I took, this is what I've come up with.  While the owners do not want to cut the tree down, I'm hoping that they'll see that, over the last 40 years, the north tree has taken up a substantial area of this lot, which is now ceded to the park to the detriment of the renter of that lot and agree it should come down, or reduce the rent of that lot by about one fifth.


North tree root ball

North tree root ball close up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like things are going -- one guy, that's amazing!